About Me

My photo
I just turned 30, I feel all wise and old now.

Popular Posts

Pageviews last month

Powered by Blogger.

Friday, November 2, 2012

Babywearing Educator Certification Goal. Any help is appreciated Peeps!

Friends and Family:

Have you heard of babywearing?
 It is a practice that has gained publicity in recent years because of infant injuries and sometimes death. However, this is due to the incorrect use of carriers and the use of poorly designed carriers. When done correctly, babywearing can provide the perfect opportunity for caretaker and child to bond; allows premature babies and newborns to receive much needed skin to skin contact and helps them regulate their temperature.
Proper babywearing can also help parents to carry on their daily activities with ease and without any bulky equipment like strollers and car seats (outside of the car, of course) that when used too often can be detrimental to the development of the child.

I am writing this letter because as a new mom, babywearing was a lifesaver. I hope that I can help others to understand how important close contact with a baby is and I respectfully ask that you consider my proposal.

I am currently seeking support in raising funds to become a certified babywearing educator so that I can teach parents- new and ‘old’, grandparents and other caretakers to ‘wear’ their babies safely, in a carrier that is comfortable and meets all of their needs.  I am especially passionate about babywearing because as an infant I suffered from hip dysplasia, a condition that could have been corrected by the use of baby carrier that allowed proper spine and hip alignment, and a diaper-like brace.
 To think that my 3 surgeries may have been avoided by using a properly designed carrier is just amazing to me!

Becoming a certified babywearing educator will allow me to teach parents how to ensure that their babies are carried in the best possible way to avoid injury and protect the proper development of the spine and hips.

The class and certification will be offered through a partnership between The Babywearing Institute based in Utah, and San Antonio Natural Parenting.

The cost for the class is of $600; my proposal to you is that if you choose to make a donation to help me pursue this dream of mine, I will teach a babywearing class once I receive my certification to your friends, family or any others who may be interested. I think this can be a fun activity for a baby shower or maybe a private consultation with a mom to be or any mom. Also, keep in mind that babywearing is not limited to newborns. We have gone on many hikes and grocery trips with our 17 month old toddler sleeping comfortably on my or my husband’s back.

I believe that all families can benefit greatly from learning more about this practice and about the many benefits that it can bring.
The deadline for registration is Friday November 9th.  If you are interested in participating, please let me know as soon as possible.
Should you choose to make a donation and I am unable to raise the full amount, I will return your contribution promptly.
I thank you so much for taking the time to read this letter; I appreciate your time and willingness to help. I look forward to speaking to you soon.

Best Regards,
Denise Mitchell

No comments:

Post a Comment