About Me

My photo
I just turned 30, I feel all wise and old now.

Popular Posts

Pageviews last month

Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, March 15, 2012

10 years and counting

Yep, we made it to ten years. And as the name of my blog may suggest, in many ways we are still like newlyweds. We recently became parents to a super cool cat of a baby. He is 9 months old and soon we'll be celebrating his first birthday. Also, Donald is still in school. He decided a couple of semesters ago that dentistry simply wasn't his cup of tea. Honestly it wasn't dentistry that did him in, it was chemistry. He was working full time and going to school full time- taking all science classes. He is such a hard worker, making sure that we have a roof over our heads and food on the table. I managed to marry a great man! He is now focusing on finance and accounting classes and is doing great! Oh, and did I mention we are still madly in love with each other?
Life hasn't been a piece of cake these past 10 years, but I am really glad that it has been eventful. We have had it good, we have struggled, we have fought, but the best thing about our marriage is that we laugh all the time! We don't take each other seriously and he loves to annoy me, but he is the perfect man for me! Just like I'm perfect for him even though I don't cook every night and when I do, its not always good.
So today, we celebrated.
We celebrated by getting up early, going to work and then coming home to get ready for our first 'date' since our son was born. Not gonna lie, it was weird going somewhere without the kid.
So my sweet sister in law Tamara came over and watched him, while we went out to have dinner. We decided to go to Chama Gaucha, a Brazilian steakhouse here in San Antonio. I had been there before with the ladies from work, but Donald hadn't been there.
I fell off the no sugar wagon (I had been avoiding sugar for about 3 weeks and no soda since the new year) but it is hard to say no to a guarana soda and a few bites of flan for dessert.
The food was fantastic, the service was great, and the best part is that almost everything is gluten free, I can even eat the bread. We left wishing that we had worn stretchy pants, but it sure was good food.
Afterwards we went to Academy to look at a couple of things for Donald, it was nice to walk around and hold his hand. Maybe I'm just easily amused, but holding his hand was enough for me and I didn't really care that we were walking around a sporting goods store on our 10 year anniversary.
Let me tell you a little about our wedding day. We got married in the Houston Temple of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. So 10 years ago, I had one of the worst hair days ever, I had a huge scrape on my right wrist and my chin from a piggy back race accident a couple of days before, I managed to forget bringing change for the toll roads, but I felt like the most beautiful girl in the world. So blessed and so lucky that a man like Don wanted to make me his wife.
I know that more good times are ahead, and just the same, I know that we will have struggles. I am hoping for many more decades with this man.
Happy 10 year anniversary Babe!
<3 Love,
Denise

1 comment:

  1. I've been anxiously waiting for you to post again. I love your honesty and sincerity. I can't believe I've known you for ten years! Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete